This is a blog about my experiences and thoughts on instructional design and technology.
Sunday, February 19, 2017
On with the IDTE Journey....Creating a Course using Captivate
So today, I had to commit to a topic for my project proposal. So many things interest me. I decided to do something that I know a lot about (no SME but me is somewhat of an advantage). In addition, I am passionate about this topic, so I am going to give it a go. Unfortunately, it is a somewhat nebulous topic that requires higher-order skills. I am a little afraid that I won't be able to accomplish all of the learning objectives. My topic is teaching spreadsheet design. This is an important topic. Excel is an important tool for business students to learn and master. Although spreadsheet programs like Excel provide powerful analytical tools for business, in practice, they are often created and used by people with minimal programming experience. Consequently, users can often develop spreadsheets containing critical errors, which, in turn, can cause significant losses for their businesses. Errors can be reduced, however, by learning and employing good spreadsheet design techniques. Good spreadsheet design also makes it easier to update and continue to use a spreadsheet over time. I hope that I will be successful in creating a module which accomplishes the objective of teaching and having students learn good spreadsheet design guidelines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment