I have finally broken through and have made some progress on my storyboard. I have found that it is important to take one step at a time but keep moving. It has also been important to have time to think about how transform the outline for the course into visuals. I woke up this morning with several thoughts about how to operationalize the motivation piece.
I have decided not to use a script for my introduction and instead use music. I am using a great website which allows the non-commercial use of audio. It is called Free Music Archive and it is located at http://freemusicarchive.org/. Here you can find all kinds of music and sort by style. I picked a song by Forget the Whale called The Little Robot. I am going to use audacity to clip the file to the length of my slide.
I also created a customized button to use in navigation by clipping portion of a spreadsheet using Snagit and adding word art and then saved it as a png file. This will save a lot of time in recreating the button for every page requiring navigation.
7 slides down, 8 to go.
Cynthia- I know what you mean about pacing yourself. It takes a while to get an idea of what your final project will ultimately look like. I know mine looks a little different than what I envisioned, but the overall concept will be the same. The storyboard was extremely helpful to me to keep me straight on what I need to do next. It seems the same for you. I'm glad she made us do it!
ReplyDeleteStephanie - One of my current worries is that perhaps I have too much of a PowerPoint mindset and what I have planned won't work well in Captivate. I am still trying to wrap my brain around how Captivate works in terms of slides. Some of my powerpoint slides have overlaying animation which if I am thinking correctly will be multiple slides in Captivate and I am unsure how that will look. I love and hate the learning curve on new software.
ReplyDelete