Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Creating Interactive Video Content in Canvas

Due to weather issues and a need to provide my students content for a missing lecture, I have been on a hunt for a good part of the day to figure out how to convert powerpoint slides with clicker questions (I currently use Turning Technologies clicker software.) into interactive video to be shown in Canvas. I have found a couple of solutions that I would like to share. The first is to use powerpoint to create a self-running presentation with audio, you need to skip over the questions because you will have to recreate them in another software package such as Articulate or Captivate and then import the presentation into one of those packages. This seems like it would take a long time but would look the most polished. Another way is to create a quiz in Canvas using the text type of question for content. Narrated powerpoint slides can be converted to MP4 files and included in this type of question and then use normal questions for the clicker questions. The questions will still have to be redone in the quiz but it seems that this would be the easiest of the two since there would be no timelines to tinker with. It would be the less elegant solution. I hope this helps if you have the same issue that I have. Please let me know in the comments below if you have other solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment