It is such a relief to have the pilot done and uploaded! I probably overdid my storyboard and now I am having to figure out how to get the animations, which I did in PowerPoint, converted and working in Captivate. Since my final course will be much longer than 15 minutes (I was overly ambitious as usual), I will just be completing an introduction module for this course. I am hoping that it will meet the 15 minute criteria, it will definitely be longer than 15 slides. I do not have a lot of narration for the introduction so I may be adding in more to meet the criteria for the project. I feel more comfortable with getting this project done and have a better idea of how to complete it, than I did last week.
I am going to schedule hours on my calendar to work on this project so that I get this done before the end of the semester. I am so looking forward to the break in May before summer school starts.
I agree with every word you have written here. Glad I am over the pilot phase and look forward to this 'mountain' captivate
ReplyDeleteI now realize I was overly ambitious too, Cynthia, and I agree, it is a relief to have the pilot done.
ReplyDeleteYes, I have had to scale back the scope of my project as well!
ReplyDeleteI'm joining the overly-ambitious club! I have also made the mistake of telling too many colleagues about the project so they are expecting the whole thing. We will see if I get there...
ReplyDeleteYep! I started scaling back in February. My project will be my final capstone project, and I'm so excited about it. For this semester, I'm only doing a modified intro and unit 1 of 5. Hopefully, it will meet the 15 minute requirement.
ReplyDeleteAs to a break, I can't wait. The beach is calling! Good luck!
I wish that I had a better idea about how much content relates to the number of minutes that the module will cover. I guess as we work through more projects, we will get a better sense.
ReplyDelete